Sharon Murphy, LMFT
With more than 20 years in the profession of psychotherapy, I have focused almost exclusively on sexual issues. I have seen individuals and couples struggling with various aspects of their relationship such as sexuality, intimacy, infidelity and how to have a more satisfying relationship.
Many underlying factors can lead to marital issues. Where there has been pornography addiction or affairs we can help to rebuild the trust that was lost. Many couples relationships grow and deepen with therapy. We hope that we can help you move forward with your relationship and with your life.
In addition, I have had extensive training and practice working with individuals whose sexual issues have resulted in their coming into contact with the criminal justice system.
• The Center for Change - Director of Forensic Services
• San Diego County Mental Health Specialist & Suicide Intervention Trainer
• Program Manager - Sexual Abuse Treatment
• Clinical Supervisor - Social Service Agency
License, Certifications & Awards
• American Psychotherapy Association Diplomat
• Outstanding Graduate in Applied Arts and Sciences
• Distinguished Graduate in School of Psychology
• Jack R. Coler Memorial Award for Scholastic Achievement in Criminology
• Lifetime Teaching Credential
Professional Activities and Memberships
• American Psychotherapy Association
• American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
• California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
• Association of the Treatment of Sexual Abusers
• California Coalition on Sexual Offending
• Retired Peace Officers Association of California
• Advisory member of the Naval Consolidated Brig SOTP
Available weekdays and evenings
Fee: $150 per clinical hour
John Brumme, M. A., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
My passion involves working with couples and individuals who are looking for more satisfaction and fulfillment in their relationships. Often a crisis will bring a couple or individual to my office such as infidelity or addictions. Sometimes a couple will simply have a nagging feeling that their relationship has lost the passion that it once had. Whatever your situation I encourage you to give me a call to see if I am a good fit to help you address your situation.
About My Background
Before becoming licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist I worked in public and private schools as both a teacher and administrator. In that role I have over 20 years experience working with children, adolescents, and their families. Being married for more than 25 years with two grown children, I have the practical knowledge of the challenges facing today's family. My education has given me the theoretical knowledge to work with individuals, couples, and families in a therapeutic relationship covering a wide range of issues.
I have worked with veterans struggling with alcohol and substance abuse, trauma and PTSD. I have experience dealing with loss and grief through working with a local hospice. And I have counseled at-risk youth as well as children in local elementary and middle schools.
In my work with The Center for Change the focus is on relationships, intimacy and sexual issues, including issues of infidelity, sexual addiction and pornography addiction.
I look forward to assisting you address issues in your life that are preventing you from moving forward in a meaningful and productive manner.
Weekdays and evenings
$80-$125 per session
Insurance Provider for:
• Anger Management
• Parenting and Co-parenting
Tina Burke, M.A., Marriage and Family Therapist
Conflict Resolution Skills